Re: cesium-137 gamma abundance

Although we call it Cs-137, we are dealing with an emission from the
daughter Ba-137m whose 89.8% yield of the 662 keV gamma from 94.6% of the
decays of Cs-137 (slight variations in values amongst references) results in
a the 662 keV emission at a probability around 85% (product of the parent
and daughter decay probabilities) for the Cs-137 decay.

Bob Hearn
No affiliation
No disclaimers