Subject: NRC Licensing of Am-241
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at MedgatePO
Date:    10/24/96 7:35 AM

Can anyone tell me why Americium-241 is not listed in 10CFR30.71, Schedule B?

I know that it is mentioned in 30.15 at 0.05 microcuries for sources in
ionizing radiation measureing instruments.

Since it's not listed, does this mean that "ANY" amount of Am-241 must be
licensed by the NRC?

Tad  Blanchard              /__ \ /___\    NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc            O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech          / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                               /___\           Fax:   301-286-1618
                  Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov