Re: NRC Licensing of Am-241

Wes --

Very much appreciate your reply.  Unfortunately, this situation has serious
and expensive implications with respect to human tissue research programs,
and to transshipment of in-vivo counting phantoms and even calibration
sources.  The regulators would do well to address the problem, and create an
exempt quantity or even an exemption for people with internal depositions.
Can you imagine what havoc some by the book enforcement type could wreak
with the existing situation?

Ron

t >Ron,