Rad Safety Training Program

Hello,

If you have a formal training program at your institution for users of
radioactive materials and it includes classroom training and testing please
be kind enough to respond to me privately and give me details.

Up to now users have had to pass an exam which is easy, not secured (people
in the community have copies apparently) and must only pass with a 70%.

We wish to upgrade our training to consist of several modules, some of which
may be challenged by the taking of a module exam. If someone fails the exam,
they would then be required to come to class. A few of the shorter modules on
site-specific waste and regulations require mandatory attendance for
everyone.

I have modified and edited a study guide which can be used to study for the
challenges or before coming to class.  I am now being told that we can't ask
people to study material, it is too expensive to give them a training study
guide so thorough, and we might not be able to upgrade this program and have
classes.  Can anyone share with me what your institution requires?

Sharyn Baker
Instructor, Health and Safety
email: sharyn.baker@uchsc.edu