Subject: Nb-97m
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    11/4/96 9:54 AM

     Does anyone know why risk-based values such as the DAC value in
     10CFR20 App. B are not present for Nb-97m?

     Nb-97m is a 95% branch between Zr-97 to Nb-97, but does not appear in
     App. B.  Nb-95m is only a 0.8% branch between Zr-95 and Nb-95, yet it
     has a table value in App. B.

     An isotopic analysis actually identified the 743 keV Nb-97m peak as
     belonging to Zr-97.  Is Nb-97m risk already included in Zr-97 or Nb-97
     information?

     I would think that the information is covered by either the Zr-97 or
     Nb-97 values, but I can't prove it with the documentation I have.

     Glen Vickers
     brzgv@ccmail.ceco.com
     815-458-2801 ext. 2792