DOT Applicability

Radsafers:

In his post, Luke McCormick stated that the NRC had told him that
movement within your "facility" with facility defined as buildings on a
contiguous site, was not regulated even if the movement was over public
roads (I hope I paraphased this right, Luke).  I was under this same
opinion for a number of years, but it seems I've heard that other
universities have been cited for not meeting DOT regs contrary to this
opinion.

Anyone out there have direct experience with this?  It would be real
interesting to hear from you NRC folks on this one.  If what Luke says
is true, our problem goes away.  Please say it is so!!

Regards,
Mack R.

Standard disclaimers apply.

Mack L. Richard, M.S., R.S.O.
mrichard@wpo.iupui.edu
Phone:  (317) 274-0330    FAX:  (317) 274-2332