Nuclear Waste

Dear Radsafers,

I need a profile for a "typical" spent fuel rod from a thermal reactor. What
isotopes are present and in what proportions (by mass or activity, whatever is
most appropriate).

It would also be nice if someone could go one step further and give me similar
data for the vitrified waste following reprocessing.

Ball park figures are all I need!

Thanks to one and all.

Alex Zapantis
Environmental Radiation Officer
Office of the Supervising Scientist       Email: azapantis@dest.gov.au
40 Blackall Street                                 Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642
Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA                 Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519

The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
         Federal Environment Protection Agency