Re: High Altitude Radiation?

Just returned from being away for a few days and saw your questions re count
rate vs. altitude.  What you saw is exactly what would be expected.  Cosmic
ray intensity (largely scondaries -- ie photons) increases with altitude,
reaches a peak and then drops off.  Also, the efficiency of the detector
differs for different energies, which plays a part in what you saw.  Details
are available in Chapter of "Radioactivity in the Environment", Harwood
Academic Press, 1984.

Ron Kathren>