X-Ray Technology Reference

Hello Radsafe members!

I would like to learn more about the design and delivered radiation dose
that
is generated by various X-ray producing machines.  For those in the medical
community,
what references would you recommend.

As a health physicist, many co-workers often ask me questions regarding
medical
diagnostic procedures.  Since I do not commonly practice in this area, it
would be nice
to have a handy reference.

Thank you,

(Comments are those of the author and may not represent the views of NIOSH
or WESTAT)
                    Jason Flora/WESTAT
                    NIOSH HAMILTON Bldg
                    DSHEFS/HERB