NEST -Reply

Barbara --

Yes, NEST still exists. It's run out of the DOE Defense
Programs (DP-23). You can find the Defense Programs web
page at http://www.dp.doe.gov/

As you can imagine, we worked "a little" with the NEST folks
in preparation for our little party in Atlanta this summer <grin>
I'll be happy to discuss this matter further with you by private
e-mail or telephone.

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us
hardeman@mindspring.com

>>> Barbara and Richard Price <asa@ime.net> 11/14/96
10:19 >>>

I'm looking for information on an old program that may still
exist.  Does anyone remember a nuclear safeguard program
called NEST? I think it was to help investigate nuclear
material thefts and give emergency response service.
If you can help with this, please send an e-mail.

Barbara Price