Re: Russian space probe hysteria!

Regarding the comment about the Australian's over reacting... Due you think
they were concerned about the Pu, or that fact that large chunks of metal
were about to come down?  I remember there was a lot of concern when SKYLAB
reentered the atmosphere many years ago.  And there have been other instances
where governments took precautions, such as when the Russian satellite
crashed into Canada.  I wonder if too many people on RADSAFE are looking
to bash the concerns of non-HPs.

Regarding the statement about the time the Australian's took mobilized
their forces, remember that they are 15 (or so) hours ahead of us.

John Jacobus
john_jacobus@nih.gov

(with the usual disclaimers)