RE: Radon Abatement

>The level of 4 pCi/l corresponds to 148 Bq/m3. As far as I understood this
>is a level which is in the USA only recommended, but not a legal limit
>(maybe I am wrong).

(Lots of elegant arguments cut)

The 4.0 pCi/l level is the EPA's recommended level for residences.  Legal?
No.  Enforceable?  Yes (in court, where universities Don't Want To Be).

4.0 pCi/l is, sad to say, the standard against which we'll be measured on
this side of the pond, in the courts of our own making.  If the gentleman
from the university in question follows the excellent leads he's gotten here
and on erappa-l, he'll be well on his way to proving that the 5.5-7.7 are
either inapplicable or aberrant, and will, or should, have good infro from
the EPA about what an "evacuate" level of radon is.  (and it ain't 7.7...)

John

*John DeLaHunt, EHS & RSO * 1125 Glen Avenue          *
*The Colorado College     * Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu* VOX:  (719)389-6678       *
*        Owner:           * FAX:  (719)635-3177       *
*hazmat-l@cc.colorado.edu *                           *
****My opinions only, not those of Colorado College****