RE: AAHP Web Page -vs- ABHP Policy

The first discussion by the ABHP concerning the posting of the exam

results on the web page occurred at the November 22-23, 1996,

meeting. There was no existing policy on this issue, and hence there

was no change in policy.  The Board was informed at the meeting of

the desire of the Webmaster to put the results on the new web page.

This led to a discussion of the pros and cons, most of which have

already been discussed by other radsafers.  Some of us on the Board

had received comments prior to the meeting from individuals who had

heard that the results might be posted on the web page.  The comments

that I had received were objections from individuals who were

concerned about privacy; also, there was concern that not everyone

had access to the web site.

This year's action does not preclude posting in the future provided

we can adequately address the issues of confidentiality and fairness.

I do not believe that litigation was a factor in this issue.

These comments are my opinions and views and do not

necessarily represent the  ABHP.
E-mail: ziemer@purdue.edu

Paul L. Ziemer, Ph.D., CHP
Head, School of Health Sciences