Re: What is the average U.S. occupational dose?

At 05:52 PM 12/2/96 -0600, you wrote:
> I am in need of some information in a hurry (in a matter of hours or less).
> The director of my division will be talking soon with the one of the company's
> vice-presidents and has asked us to supply him with this information:
>
>  "What is the average occupational dose in the United States?"
>
> Can anyone provide me with this information or a reference where I can find
> it?
>
> Thanks.
>
>   Bruce Pickett
>   The Boeing Company, Seattle WA
>   bruce.d.pickett@boeing.com

If you are in a hurry, then go to the following table.  It is two years old,
but can't be too far off:
http://www.saic.com:80/home/nrc_rad/nureg94/tab3-1.htm
This is from the 1994 Occupational exposure summary that SAIC does for the NRC.

The home page for this effort is:
http://www.saic.com:80/home/nrc_rad/nrc_rad.htm

INPO has excellent data for power reactors, but they don't maintain an internet
site as yet.

Good Luck...better get more time the next time.
Best Regards.