Re: Radon in urine Part 2

Greetings Ray,
  Retired life is great, but not slow.  I am as busy as ever, just don't
do the same type of activities.  I do get to my office (now on the 4th
floor in the NW corner overlooking the chem bldg) about once each week.
I spend more time exercising.  Also, I don't worry about the clock.  I am
on my own time schedule (at least most of the time).
  I just got back from Boulder where I have been for over a week.  Our
son had a lung collapse a couple of weeks ago.  It got a hole in it;
reason unknown.  It didn't heal on its own (reason also unknown), so they
operated on it at 1730, 27 Nov 96.  They had a hard time finding the hole
because it was on the back side of the upper lobe of the right lung.  It
took an incision of about 8 inches, or should I state 200 mm?) and he is
really sore.  He came home from Boulder Hospital last Sunday.  The worst
is over and he can now walk around.  His lifting limit is 2.3 kg (5 lb)
so he can't pick up his 20 month old daughter.  I stayed until this AM to
help since his wife works.  Their daughter goes to a Montesori School,
and neighbors & friends will pick her up in the evening.  I am on call in
case they need more help.  Barb is still working and will continue to do
so probably through 1997, at least.
Good to hear from you.  Take Care, Les

PS.  LtCmdr?  Wow.  Sounds impressive to me (I made it to 2nd class,
temporary, during the Korean Conflict).