Subject: Kr-85
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu_at_INTERNET at X400PO
Date:    12/4/96 10:42 AM

Radsafers:
Reading a report from a company that produces specialty gases (e.g., Kr from

the atmosphere via a cryogenic method), they are convinced that they have a
rad problem with Kr-85.  I do not know the basis for their concern. Has
anyone ever heard of a similar situation.
I would appreciate any information you have.
                Joe Bianconi
         Rust Federal Services, Inc.
Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action Project
     2309 Renard Place SE, Suite 300
          Albuquerque, NM 87106
 505/246-2537 voice        505/766-1813 fax