Re: E-Link: Major Breakthrough in Hazardous Cleanup Process

At 15:57 05.12.1996 -0600, you wrote:
>I have trouble believing this!!

May I join you in your disbelieving?

I  learnt a long long time ago, that the half life of a nuclide may be
influenced to a very small extent, if it was an electron capture
radionuclide and bonded to different other atoms. Otherwise no change in
half life due to external circumstances was ever observed. I guess that a
change in half life is the only possibility to change the concentration of a
radionuclide within a short time.

But maybe we are simply not able to understand the process, how physical
treatment can let radionuclides vanish......

Franz
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 WIEN