Re: TMI venting of noble gas

According to Field@amrf-po.pmeh.uiowa.edu:

>           Thank you for acknowledging that I almost spoke the truth.
>
>           Nevertheless, suffice it to say the public health concern
>           about the noble gas venting was not great enough to stop the
>           venting of the noble gases at TMI.  I'd like to respond to
>           your comment concerning iodine releases, even if it is
>           a bit off the subject,
>
>           The filters for iodines had little impact on the noble gas
>           release.  In addition, radioactive iodines were detected in
>           the wild animal food chain in the vicinity of TMI and as
>           far away as England. However, you are correct, the filters
>           prevented a much higher release of iodines.
>
>           Bill Field
>           ------------------
>           R. William Field, Ph.D.
>           Department of Preventive Medicine
>           University of Iowa
>           bill-field@uiowa.edu

Iodine released from TMI-2 was found in England?

I have not heard or read any verifiable mention of that prior
to this posting. Where was that study done and by whom?

The quantity of I-131 released is estimated to be between 15
and 30 curies. Soon after the accident, GPU provided WBCs to
762 people in the TMI area. None had I-131 levels above the MDA
of 2 E-3 microcuries.

If you could provide the citation of that study (if other than
from Heidelburg University, which was in spasms over the
Krypton vent) I would appreciate it.

No slight intended, just slight uncertainty.