Re: Part 33 proposal -Reply -Reply

Charles Willis is correct, and this method is also quite visible
where state lotterys were approved with the "promises" that the
profits would be used to supplement school funding, not replace
existing funding. That was a sham as well. Governmental agencies
should be provided with the necessary funding to accomplish their
directives. The NRC, for the most part, does a very good job with the
funding and personnel they have. I had only a few cases where I
believed that the NRC had overstepped their authority (in the
inspection area) while at FPL for 21+ years. In those cases, where a
specific inspector went awry, the Region always acted in the
appropriate manner, based on the regualtory criteria available to
them. Hopefully regulatory agencies can benefit from fees and fines
collected to improve their visibility and surveillance which is most
definitely needed.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division