Subject: Re: Speakers Bureau
Author:  "Bruce A. Busby" <bbusby@umich.edu> at Internet
Date:    12/9/96 2:48 PM

Hi all,

Not wanting to sound like a broken record, but the idea of a Speaker
Bureau could use the the WWW.  Many schools are now on-line, not to
mention groups (boy scouts/girl scouts) and societies.

You could have a US map, with the graphic mapped with links for each state
that would goto a page with Speakers for that area listed on it, with
contact info, biographies, etc. There are plenty of the US maps around,
you could "use". Also, you could have a form for requesting more info or
to be contacted that interested parties could fill out and send in (over
the web). You would have a low graphic, text based page to go along with
the graphics.

You could then "advertise" on newsgroups, HPS site, ours, Educational
sites, Science sites, etc. It might help to reduce the costs of publishing
a book, and be easier to remove someone if they get transferred or add new
people to it once it catches on.

If you get enough interest, you could even "assign" certain states to the
local HPS chapter or student chapter for up keep, could even
provide lessons on "how to" at the National meeting coming up next summer.

Just an idea.

 Bruce Busby  - bbusby@umich.edu
 http://www.sph.umich.edu/~bbusby/