re: re: Greenpeace

Radsafers,

I have enjoyed the lively discussion concerning the
Enviro-Issues/Greenpeace/Anti-Nukes.
As we all know, there are extreme opinions on both sides of these important
issues.  Fortunately,  most of the population resides somewhere in the
middle of this opinion continuum.

Well, If Radsafe is mostly pro nuke, we only get this side of the story.
 Below is a listing for Nukenet, an anti-nuclear BB.  I suggest that we as a
community (Radsafe) monitor other listservers both pro and con and initiate
a dialog wherever possible.   But please note that the system manager states
that users on nukenet will be "promptly removed from the list" for
pro-nuclear postings.

Other Listservers are available at earthlink.org.  Send a request to
listproc@envirolink.org, in the body of the text request LISTS for a listing
of BB.  Some interesting stuff there.

Thanks
Brett.Houser@usgr.mhs.ciba.com

>>>Opinions all mine<<<<<<

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear user,

your request

                       SUBSCRIBE NUKENET  name

has been successfully processed.

Welcome to list NUKENET (nukenet@envirolink.org). The system has recorded
your address as

The list's owners are mxe115@psu.edu .

You should contact them if there are any problems.

Please do not send requests to this list; instead direct them to:

                       listproc@envirolink.org

The system has assigned you an initial password:
You may change it by sending the following request to
listproc@envirolink.org:

               set NUKENET password  <new-password>

WARNING: You should NOT use your login password as this is not a secure
mechanism.

This password is to be used when when you wish to change the address you are
ubscribed with.
In this case, issue the following request to listproc@envirolink.org:

               set NUKENET address  <new-address>

To get more information on how to use this service, please send the command
HELP in a line by itself in a mail message to listproc@envirolink.org.

To signoff from the list, email to listproc@envirolink.org with the
following
request:

               signoff NUKENET
or
               unsubscribe NUKENET

Welcome to NukeNet.  So that we can network more easily and serve you
better, we request that you send the following information about yourself
to catalyst@envirolink.org

State of residence (city optional):
Interest in nuclear issues:
 Do you work in the industry?  If so, which company(ies)?
 Do you work with environmental activist groups?  If so, which one(s)?
How did you find out about NukeNet?

I hope you find NukeNet useful,

Mike Ewall
catalyst@envirolink.org
factsheets
and action alerts regarding nuclear issues, predominantly nuclear power and
nuclear waste, but including nuclear weapons and some energy issues.

NukeNet was formed shortly after the Conference around the 15th anniversary
of the Three Mile Island (TMI) accident in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
This conference took place on March 28, 1994, 15 years after the partial
meltdown of the TMI nuclear power plant.

NukeNet is the first list devoted solely to the distribution of anti-nuclear
information.  While there are many newsgroups and forums for anti-nuclear
issues on systems such as the EcoNet/IGC network, these are not available to
many of us who are on the Internet through different service providers.
NukeNet exists to fill this void.  Please feel free to spread the word about
the existance of this list to other anti-nuclear activists.

NukeNet seeks to ultimately make available as much low-volume, high-content
information as possible.  While NukeNet material is not yet archived, we
hope
to have all of previously-sent postings archived and available on the World
Wide Web in the not too distant future.

 ------------
Note to Critical Mass Energy Project (CMEP-list) subscribers:

All materials from the CMEP-list are automatically forwarded to the NukeNet
list.  If you don't want to receive two copies of all CMEP postings you can
sign off of the CMEP-list by sending a message to LISTPROC@ESSENTIAL.ORG
and writing only this in the message: SIGNOFF CMEP-LIST
NUKENET
(Don't write your name as you did when signing on).

To post info to the list, send it to NUKENET@ENVIROLINK.ORG

** Posted material should be as short and to-the-point as possible.
** Posted material should be of concern to other activists other than those
   involved in your local struggle.
   (i.e. the reopening of the Barnwell, S.C. "low-level" nuclear waste dump
has
   implications in the sitings in all other states.)
** Action alerts, conference announcements, fact sheets, and *summarized*
news
   releases or brief status reports on a key struggle are all fair game for
   NukeNet distribution.

If you're uncertain whether it is appropriate to post a certain piece,
please
send it to CATALYST@ENVIROLINK.ORG for approval (and free spell-checking).
With
rare exception, your article will be posted.  Deliberately posting false,
misleading or pro-nuclear materials will have you promptly removed from the
list.

HELP IS HERE:  There are many experienced activists on this list.  Should
you
need information on a certain issue, there is most likely someone on NukeNet
who can answer your question.  Any questions should be sent to the
CATALYST@ENVIROLINK.ORG address.

NukeNet was founded by Mike Ewall, director of the "Low-Level" Radioactive
Waste Leadership Network of the Pennsylvania Environmental Network (PEN)
with
the technical assitance of the EnviroLink Network and the support of those
whose names are always at the top of the NukeNet postings.