Re: O'Leary apologizes for Plutonium Tests

At 12:56 PM 12/18/96 -0600, you wrote:
>This article discusses O'Leary's "apologizing", words to the effect
>that one or more individuals "died" from the plutonium injection,
>etc. This doesn't seem to fit with the previous discussions recently
>that there was no evidence of any ill effects.
>-------------------------------------

Now where does one go for the straight scoop when lots of informed HPs are
saying there was no harm done, and the government is officially apologizing
for killing people?

Is Hazel really THAT misinformed?  Or has the Radsafe discussion been
dealing with tests carried out at some other laboratory?

Problem is, now that this is in print, it's almost impossible to refute
(assuming it's not true).  I can't see Hazel publicly retracting the apology.

Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov