Subject: Re: O'Leary apologizes for Plutonium Te
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu_at_INTERNET at X400PO
Date:    12/19/96 3:03 PM

> Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:18:26 -0600
> From: xat@inel.gov (Alden Tschaeche)
> Subject: Re: O'Leary apologizes for Plutonium Tests
>
> Sandy Perle wrote:
>  This doesn't seem to fit with the previous discussions recently
> > that there was no evidence of any ill effects.
> said Gordon Hehir, whose wife's grandfather died from a
> > plutonium injection. He had checked into the hospital for treatment of
> > an ulcer.
> >   One of the victims, Mary Jean Connell, is still alive. The
> > elderly Connell attended Monday's meeting.
> >   Also Monday, lawyers said there were at least three dozen
> > other victims from the upstate New York area who were injected
> > with plutonium or uranium in the 1940s.
> >   A number of other cases of radiation victims are still
> > pending around the country.
>
> How can we ever get the truth out to counter articles like this????
>
> Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov

We can't except to document our version of the truth, put it in one place
where we can all can get at it and use it, and to use it in formal comments
and correspondence to our formal gov't agencies, Congress, and institutions
that pay the bills. We are in this mess because we have tried to do "public
info" while we didn't demand integrity from our rulemakers.

Congress/legislatures can use any standard they want, but agencies are not
allowed to be similarly "arbitrary and capricious". But we haven't tried to
hold them to account, and have fabricated evidence for them as they fund
their
supporters, except some narrow cases by individual orgs on specific
rules/policies, trying to go against the "accepted wisdom" that we support,
the long-term detriment of ourselves, and society.

Thanks and best wishes to all for the season; and a Happy New Year!

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com