Re: Dose estimates when dosimetry is lost/damaged

Again, the vendor is only providing an averaging service, the customer
is responsible for accepting, rejecting or modifying the results.

> 6. The processor takes on a serious liability without a detailed
> audit trail which shows the chain of command of the dose assignment
> process ... if, there is this automatic dose estimation without any
> intervention from the customer, who I believe should be legally
> bound to defend the dose assigned, with the assistance of the
> processor.

See above argument.

> The policy I have implemented is as follows. ...

With all due respect, this is marketing and does not belong on
RADSAFE.
----------------------------------

Kent,

Be serious!!!!!!!!

A commercial vendor, or an in-house processor is NOT as you say
"Again, the vendor is only providing an averaging service, the
customer is responsible for accepting, rejecting or modifying the
results." Bob Flood stated it very well .. that our job, that of the
processor is to ensure that a dosimeter is processed accurately and
the results can be documented and supported. We are NOT an estimating
service, that remains with the individual who either damaged or lost
the badge.

As far as your last comment:
"With all due respect, this is marketing and does not belong on
RADSAFE.:

That doesn't even deserve a response.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations