Re: I-123 study dose to unborn kid

>You can retrieve the latest estimates of internal doses from
>radiopharmaceuticals from the site of the RIDIC at: www.orau.gov. I would be
>leery of using estimates based on older models, such as those used for the
>1991 Symposium, especially for fetal dosimetry.
>
>Chris Alston
>ccja@aol.com

Ah, no Chris, not in this case.  The fetal thyroid study done by Evelyn
Watson in that symposium (cited masterfully by Dr. Towson, I might add) is
still the best available info on that particular topic.  Our new fetal
dosimetry did not revisit the issue of fetal thyroid doses for the iodines
or tech, but did give new whole body fetal doses for many pharmaceuticals.

But I do greatly appreciate the plug for our web site and ftp location.
There are several dose compendia there that people might want to check in on
periodically for updates.

Mike Stabin
Radiation Internal Dose
  Information Center
Oak Ridge, TN

**  My employer endorses absolutely every syllable that I ever breathe or
think and has a fleet of sharks that will sue you within a farthing of your
very existence should you think otherwise. **

Well, not really, but I always wanted to put out an anti-disclaimer like
that.  Most joyous holidays to all of you!