RE: Re : Dose estimates when dosimetry is lost/damaged

I would like to add that this situation of evaluating a dose based on
previous experiences makes absolutly no sense, period. If you had "6"
when rolling a  dice 3 times out of 5, would you still bet on "6" again
?  (Of course if the dice is special...) I may understand  a little in
some research centers with small opened sources ; you know exactly the
activities (and even there, you have to make some form of  investigation
to know if the activities are the same...)

I guess a  complete investigation is always in order to collect as many
"facts" possible, espescially in situation where the exposure to a
significant dose exists. I would seriously be concerned if I was the
dosimetry company who "evaluate" doses based on previous experience
(Liability...).  I hope they are writing that the dose is an estimate
and how the dose was obtained. At least, there is something to start
from !  I think Sandy exposed the entire problem.

Merry Christmas everyone, Joyeux Noel , Bonne Annee 1997

Happy New Year 1997.

Stephane Jean Francois Phys. Eng.
RSO
Merck Frosst Canada