Re: Blatant refusal to "follow" procedures

> Our board certified physicist takes a  calibration block and build-up
 block (which I  constructed,) and  exposes an ion chamber under
 the therapy machine. He then  feeds the raw meter reading into a
 computer program (which I wrote.) The program  applies several
 correction factors, (which I have selected or calculated,) and
 generates a report showing the number of centi-Gray per machine unit.
 According to state  definition, who is doing the calibration?

 Yup! According  to IDNS, I am not involved.<

Frank,

Seems to me that without you there wouldn't have been any
calibration. Well, they would have been able to accomplish it, but,
your "definite" involvement was the key ingredient. I agree with your
assessment of paperwork versus reality.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Division