Disposal of Electron Capture Detectors

The following information will be of use to those of you who have ECD's
that you do not need:

"Hewlett Packard takes the resposibility for the disposal of all their
Electron Capture Detectors. Currently, there is no charge for this service.
All that is necessary for the customer to do is to return the detector to
HP little Falls, with a letter on company letterhead, requesting disposal
of the detector. Reference the serial number of the detector."

Address:
Hewlett-Packard Company
Little Falls Site
2850 Centerville Raod
Wilmington, De 19806

Contact: Patti Hobson
         302 633 8375
         ECD Order Coordinator

This is a great service and if any of you know of any other manufacturer
who provides this service, I would appreciate hearing from you.
In addition, if any of you know the address and/or phone number for
Perkin-Elmer and Varian, please email me directly.
Thank you.

Ninni Jacob
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rhode Island/