Beta dose from cloud

I do not have reg guide 1.4 but there is supposed to be a formula
in it for beta dose to the skin from a cloud.  I have some questions
along with this.  Is the formula D(B)=0.23EC where the E is the average
energy, and C is the concentration in Ci/meter cubed ?  Can I use this
with a DAC Value for an  isotope, which is in Ci/meter cubed, for the
concentration limit, to consider dose rates at a stack or outlet to a
facility or lab for setting alarm rates?  For example if I wanted to set
an alarm rate meter in mr/hr, and I was concerned with external radiation
exposure, like in the case of Ar-41 exposure.  Am I way off base here?

Thank you for your responses, instruction, help, etc...

steve at umcp