Subject: Re[2]: SI Units Stumper
From:    radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at smtpgate
Date:    1/17/97  6:22 AM

     Everything is life is an approximation.  Look at calculus, we just
     approximate things to acceptable accuracy.  Look at all of the models
     used for estimating fluxes or mechanical calcs for determining safety
     margins for equipment.  The list goes on.

     The 6.02 x 10^23 estimate must be somewhat reasonable, because many of
     the calculations(approximations) based on that number seem to be
     pretty reasonable.

     I would also think that they could indeed come very close in
     determining the actual number of atoms in a mole.  We can count the
     individual atoms on a surface with electron-tunnelling microscopes and
     go from there.

     Sorry, I missed the original post, but I just couldn't resist to reply
     to this reply.

     Sincerely and hastily written,
     Glen Vickers
     brzgv@ccmail.ceco.com