Re: Cohen and Bogen together, at last

Chris Alston wrote:

> If  accurate, this is great news. The ultimate, validating, heart of
> scientific work is the prediction, by theory, of facts that are,
> subsequently, found to be true. It is especially encouraging that the lines
> of investigation were blind to each other.
> This is the sort of work that has the potential to lift health physics from
> its present, "poor cousin", status, to that of a science at least on a par
> with medical epidemiology. But, could we please have hard data as to where to
> review Bogen's material?
>
> Chris Alston
> ccja@aol.com

Chris, and others who wish to think for themselves:
Bogen's paper is scheduled to appear in:
Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, under the title, "Do U.S.County
Data Disprove Linear No-Threshold Predictions of Lung Cancer Risk for
Residential Radon - A Preliminary Assessment of Biological Plausibilty."
Copies of his preprint may be obtained from:
Dr. Kenneth T. Bogen
LLNL  L-396
Livermore CA 94550-9900
ph.510 422-0902
email bogen@llnl.gov
--
Best wishes,

Wade

<hwade@talltown.com>

H.Wade Patterson
1116 Linda Lane
Lakeview OR 97630
ph 541 947-4974

I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable.  There is
something unfair about it.  It is hitting below the intellect.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, iii, 1891