Re: $2500 award

   Our principal data file for lung cancer rates vs average radon
levels in U.S. counties has been put into an anonymous FTP file where it
can be accessed by anyone interested. To acccess, use ftp.pitt.edu, give
user ID  as 'anonymous', password as your e-mail address. (For a
Macintosh, use 'fetch' with no ID or password). Then type
 cd ~ftp/users/b/l/blc
There are 4 files there. The data are 1601 rows (counties) with 76
columns. The meanings of the columns is given in the file
'short92.definitions'. People with MINITAB should use 'short92.mtw' or
'short.mtp'. "short.dat" is an ASKII version.
        If questions or problems arise, contact me.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260