Re: Japan to switch to MOX?

azapantis@mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au wrote:
 Holding all that nasty stuff is making them nervous.

I wonder why plutonium is called "nasty stuff?"  That seems to imply
there is something "bad" about plutonium.  But we know how to handle it
safely.  It seems to me that especially rad-safers should not continue
to foster the idea that there is something especially bad about
plutonium.  I do not mean to set forth an ad hominem attack by this
statement.  Just to support the idea that we, because we know plutonium
can be handled safely, should, in the literature, speak of plutonium
more kindly than most others might.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov