Re: fissile, fissionable

Franz --

The fact that a selfsustaining or supercritical state can occur with
neutrons above thermal energies in no way alters the definition of
'fissile', a term that really was developed for reactor work, specifically
because of the moderator.  Some specific nuclei (U-233, U-235, and Pu-239)
have very large fission cross sections at low energies, and are thus fissile
and useful as reactor fuels.  But, one can also have a 'fast' reactor, as in
the LMFBR.

Hope this helps; your English is fine, and I thank you for the kind words.

Ron