Tritium Manual

     All:

     Answers to some of the questions that have appeared on this list
     recently concerning tritium, its diffusion through glass,
     dosimetry, and other properties can be found in a
     report George Jensen and I wrote a few years back.

     Its title is "Tritium Radioluminescent Devices
                 - Health and Safety Manual"

     You can get a free copy by pointing your browsers to:

     http://w3.pnl.gov:2080/health/health_prot/ophp.html

     On this page you will find a pointer to an Adobe Acrobat "PDF" type
     file that contains the report.  This page also contains a pointer
     to the Adobe home page where you can download a free Acrobat
     viewer.  The viewer will allow you to read and print the report.

     When we wrote the report, our major interest was tritium activated
     runway markers but, we hope, some of the information will be
     useful for other situations as well.

     hope this helps.

     Richard J. Traub                           |  (509) 373-5196 (voice)
     Pacific Northwest National Laboratory      |  (509) 376-1992 (fax)
     P.O. Box 999
     Richland WA 99352
     rj_traub@pnl.gov
     disclaimers are encouraged to apply