Re: Joint Commission Report - public health risks

A similar report has been issued on the use of "Radiation in Medicine", which
is its title. It is a product of the Committee for Review and Evaluation of
the Medical Use Program of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which was of
the National Research Council.
You can get it from the Natl Academy Press @ (800)624-6242, the ISBN is
0-309-05386-2.

Please note that this is, in part, a U.S. NRC contract report. They really
did pay to have some of the best people in the country (we're talking, e.g.,
Gooden, Hendee, Villforth, Zaret), subject them a truely critical
examination. Their recommendations are not less than radical; they include
the suggestion that 10CFR35 should be abolished.

I highly recommend this book, to you, if you're an RSO, an HP with medical
physics' responsibilities, or any HP who has an overarching interest in this
subject.

Chris Alston
ccja@aol.com