Joint Commission Report - public health

Thanks, Sandy! Couldn't have said it better myself :-)

> Below is an excellent news item. It addresses specifically EPA and
> other federal agencies and public health issues. The last sentence is
> a premise that we have seen propagated here many times by Radsafers.
> Among the lost is Jim Muckerheide. The call is for common sense in
> regulatory issues.. The last sentence, if you don't want to read
> ahead, is ...  ``The public's in as good a position to debate as the
> experts. Common sense counts for a lot.''

We mere mortals can discuss these issues and not leave it the NCRP annointed!?
 And common sense counts!? Like not cleaning up to 0.1% of background??

And the prior line:

> Much of risk assessment involves value judgment, and Omenn
> said when scientists extrapolate beyond their experiments they need to
> be overly cautious.

Defines NCRP/BEIR!!   not to mention client funding agencies.

> Sandy Perle

Thanks again. I don't feel so lost anymore.  :-)

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com