Tritium measurements in desiccant and pump oil

     I agree with Franz. It is impossible to use a LSC to estimate the
     tritium conc. without calibrating the system for the mixture used.
     Quench can be a major factor. Anybody that has tried to and blood to a
     cocktail knows that the efficiency goes to zero with very little added
     blood. I would never accept LSC results without spiked sample for
     calibration. I don't think quench measurements are good enough.

     John Johnson
     Scientist Emeritus
     HPD, PNNL