Re: Cost of a Person-Sievert -- LNT and all that

Frank Free Spirit Borger wrote:

>         As long as John and Jane Q. public are panic-stricken by nearby power-
>         lines, and  vote NIMBY  on referendums on LLLW, waste depositories,
>         but continue to puff away,  cost goes out the window.

Yup.  No one ever said all humans are entirely rational.  But, I suspect
the scientific method was thought up to be a rational counter to the
emotionalism of phlogiston, etc.  The real problem is the proper balance
of emotion vs rationalism.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov