Re: I-131 PATIENT WORKING AT NUCLEAR POWER PLANT

Thanks for the plug Andy .. it's appreciated !!

I'll see what comments you receive regarding your question. In the
meantime, I'd definitely ensure that this worker doesn't enter your
rad control area. Your real problem will be getting her out of your
security area (monitors ... for radiocative contamination) ... Some
are very sensitive, for instance, I found out that a watch I had was
full of radium, and would set off all the monitors. I had to make
sure that I didn't wear that watch when at either of our two sites.

There will be contamination from the worker, through sweat, etc. All
you can do is document contaminations when other workers are
monitored. I'd provide some orientation for the workers in the area,
before the worker with the I-131 treatment returns. I'd also document
the dicussion.