Re: textbook correct?

This is a subject of great interest to hospital RSO's:

>     The issue of cancer causation by diagnostic exposure to radiation
>     again raises its ugly head.  We must all remember that a few
>     case-control epidemiological studies have demonstrated (?)
>     statistically significant associations between cancer and diagnostic
>     exposure. It is interesting that no cohort studies have confirmed
>     these results.
>
>      A recent summary is in "Radiation Risk--A Primer" published in 1996 by
>     the American College of Radiology.

I've seen the list of references in a 1995 NRPB document to the studies of
patients who had chest fluoroscopy and other procedures, showing a weak
association between cancer risk and exposure. I'd also like references to
good epidemiological studies which demonstrate no association between
cancer and medical xray exposures where total tissue doses were in the
'intermediate' range, say 50 mGy to a few hundred mGy (bad old days?).
Could someone please give me a contact address for the publications section
of the American College of Radiology?

Thank you,

Jocelyn Towson, RSO
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital