Top Count Assay Plates

I am responding to a posting several days ago from someone who was concerned
about the disposal (incineration) of these plates which contain microliter
quantities of "fluids".

1.	The fluids are not LSC.

2.	The procedures which employ this counting technique very rarely use or
contain any "flammable liquids".

3.	The plates contain no PVC's  (usually an issue with incinerators because
of the creation of HCL during burning)

It is my opinion that these plates would not pose any concern of "explosion"
during incineration.

If you are still reluctant just have the lab aspirate the wells of the plate
prior to counting.  This will not effect the results just eliminate the liquid.

William A. Lorenzen, R.S.O.
Children's Hospital
Boston, MA

lorenzen_w@a1.tch.harvard.edu