Radon Regulation for Caves

The Arizona Park System is developing a cave (Kartchner Caverns) for public viewing.  They are concerned about the radon levels in the cave during the construction phase (radon levels average 2 Working Levels).  Since this cave is a wet cave (100% relative humidity), ventilation is out of the question.  I am not should how to classify these workers  My question is: what regulations do these workers fall under (MSHA, OSHA, NRC) ?  Are they considered miners ?  Are they required to be monitored ?

If anyone has any experience or references with this situation and would like to share it, I would appreciate it.

Mark Moleski
University of Arizona
E-mail: moleski@ccit.arizona.edu
(520) 626-5005