Dose to fog camera film

What gamma dose would be required to fog regular camera film?
A reference for the info would also be nice, but it's not critical.

If anyone knows, please let me know ASAP by e-mail (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu) --
you may wish to reply to the list also, but I get RadSafe by digest, and I
need the info ASAP.

Why do I need this?

As some of you are aware, there are people who believe that there is a
conspiracy to conceal the magnitude of the population radiation dose received
from the TMI accident (e.g., NPR this morning).  Specifically, they argue that
the doses were high enough to cause acute radiation injuries and/or a
detectable excess in cancer.

Arguing against conspiracy theories is rather tricky, since the person doing
the argument is de facto a member of the conspiracy, and because absence of
evidence to support the conspiracy is evidence of the effectiveness of the
conspiracy.

One way to argue is via the number of people who would have to be in the
conspiracy.  So, if the TMI doses was high enough to cause acute effects (200+
rem) or a detectable increase in cancer (25+ rem) over in a significant number
of people (meaning doses over a distance of a least 2 miles), who would have
detected it?
1)  Anyone with a film badge (i.e., any hospital) within 50? miles
2)  Anyone with a survey meter within 100? miles
3)  Anyone with a camera within _____? miles.

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)
Radiation Biology Group
Medical College of Wisconsin