Subject: Coal fly ash in building materials
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at FE-INTERNET
Date:    2/25/97 9:16 AM

Hi Radsafers!

I'm evaluating from the radiological point of view the use of coal fly ash
as an additive to cement, raw material for aggregates and bricks and
substitute of sand in building materials.
I know that some European and Asiatic countries implemented already the use
of coal fly ash in building materials.
I'll appreciatte information on regulation and uses of coal fly ash in
building materials. I'd like to know measurement procedure for the
measurement of radionuclide concentration and Rn-222 exhalation from the
building materials containing fly ash.

Thanking everybody in advance,

Gustavo Haquin
RSD, Institute for Environmental Research.
<envirad@post.tau.ac.il>