Re: Wing: Descriptive Epidemiology by Any Other Name... -Reply

Christopher Beyer wrote:

<<<It seems a lot of you
folks have some preconcieved notions that prevent critical thinking.
It
seems that anytime anyone questions the radsafe scripture there is an
immediate emotional condemnation.

Wing's study maybe "junk" but at least he's published some data. He
may be
wrong but at least he is doing some science. I can't decide who is
more
irrational, emotional, and non-scientific, the radsafe community or
the
antinuke community.>>>

The radsafe community is a diverse group whose members hold all sorts
of opinions with all degrees of emotional intensity.      No one
person or group talks for the radsafe community, and there certainly
isn't any universally accepted Radsafe Scripture.  I think one of the
greatest things about Radsafe is that irrationality is almost always
self-correcting.  When one side in a controversial matter has had a
near-monopoly on postings or has gone overboard in the emotional tone
of its postings, others are sure to come in eventually to say: hey,
wait a minute!  I have even seen evidence of critical thinking. As an
interested observer and sometime participant in this forum, I can't
agree with Mr. Beyer's generalization re the radsafe community.

Only the opinion of
J P Davis
joyced@dnfsb.gov