Degreed HP Techs

Holloway wrote, wrt 'degreed HP techs,'
"In evaluating the quality of education of HP Techs, a great deal of attention
should be given to the quality of the institution.  There are a large number
of non-residential "educational" programs in this country whose primary
function is to imitate, at least on a superficial level,  the legitimate
educational institutions.  Their real purpose is separate the student from
his or her money and in doing so, the inducement is some sort of a "degree"
that can be obtained with far less effort and expense than is necessary in
more legitimate degree programs."

While I agree with the statement, I wonder if the Thomas Edison program was
to be painted by this brush.  Although my degree wasn't from Thomas Edison,
I know a fair bit about the program, and I've had an opportunity to
evaluate several graduates of the program.  In the absence of a thorough
evaluation of the program (something I have NOT done), I'd say it does a
reasonable job of evaluation/education.
          Ron Morgan <rgmorgan@lanl.gov>
          Operational Health Physics (ESH-1)
          Los Alamos National Laboratory