May HP journal TOC

Hi all,

Here is the May 1997 Health Physics Table of Contents.

-Bruce Busby
bbusby@umich.edu
http://www.sph.umich.edu/group/eih/UMSCHPS/

----------------------cut&fwd------------------------------------------

HEALTH PHYSICS
Schedule of Contents
Volume 72, No. 5,  May 1997

On the cover: Old (left) and new (right) continuous air monitors (CAMs)
placed above a work station in a plutonium laboratory. Utilization of CAM
technology requires placement studies to achieve optimized worker
protection. See article by Whicker et al on page 734 for more information.
Photo courtesy of Los Alamos National Laboratory.

REVIEW PAPER

Long-Term Effective Decrease of Cesium
Concentration in Foodstuffs after
Nuclear Fallout
K. Mck							Page - 659

NEWS ON THE NET

Security on the Internet
Bruce Busby						Page - 674

PAPERS

Establishing Protective Long Term Measures after
Severe Nuclear Accidents using Multiple Criteria
I. A. Papazoglou and J. G. Kollas			Page - 676

Potential Effects of Climatic Change on
Radiological Doses from Disposal of Canadian
Nuclear Fuel Waste
Brian D. Amiro						Page - 693

Review of the Fetal Radiation Doses Received from
59Fe Kinetic Studies at Vanderbilt University in the
1940's
M. G. Stabin, J. B. Stubbs, and J. R. Russell		Page - 701

Dosimetry of 60Co and 192Ir Gamma-Irradiated
Agarose Gels by Proton Relaxation Time
Measurement and NMR Imaging, in a
0-100 Gy Dose Range
A. Chalansonnet, J-L. Bonnat, Y. Tricaud,
J-L. Lefaix, and A. Briguet				Page - 708

Skin Alterations Induced by Long-Term Exposure
to Uranium and their Effect on Permeability
A. M. Ubios, M. Marzorati, and R. L. Cabrini		Page - 713

Characterization and Solubility Measurements of
Uranium-Contaminated Soils to Support Risk
Assessment
M. P. Elless, A. Q. Armstrong, and S. Y. Lee		Page - 716

Variation in Transfer Factors for Stochastic
Models: Soil-to-Plant Transfer
S. C. Sheppard and W. G. Evenden			Page - 727

Evaluation of Continuous Air Monitor Placement
in a Plutonium Facility
Jeffrey J. Whicker, John C. Rodgers,
Charles I. Fairchild, Ronald C. Scripsick, and
Ricky C. Lopez						Page - 734

A New Method of Retrospective Radiation
Dosimetry: Optically Stimulated Luminescence in
Dental Enamel
Dorothy I. Godfrey-Smith and Barry Pass			Page - 744

Reconstruction of Doses and Deposition in the
Western Trace from the Chernobyl Accident
Torbjorn Sikkeland, Lavrans Skuterud,
Natalia I. Goltsova, and Tore Lindmo			Page - 749

Anomaly in Atmospheric Radon Concentration:
A Possible Precursor of the 1995 Kobe, Japan,
Earthquake
Y. Yasuoka and M. Shinogi				Page - 758

Study of 222Rn Permeation through Polymer
Membranes II: Calibration Curves of a New
Device Equipped with a Polyethylene Membrane,
for Continuous Measurement of 222Rn in
Water-Saturated Soils
Vronique Labed, Marie-Christine Rob,
and Georges Tymen					Page - 761

Diffusive Transport of Radon in a Homogeneous
Column of Dry Sand
W. H. van der Spoel, E. R. van der Graaf, and
R. J. de Meijer						Page - 765

NOTES

Use of Passive Detectors to Characterize Neutron
Field Hardness
A. Aroua, M. Grecescu, S. Prtre, and J. -F. Valley 	Page - 778

Beta Particle Attenuation Characteristics of
CaSO4
Ibrahim Abdulhay, William McCarthy,
George Chabot, and Adnan Ismail				Page - 783

OPERATIONAL TOPICS

A Computerized Radioactive Material Inventory
System Using a Commercially Available
Database Program
Philip E. Hamrick					Page - 787

An Intercomparison of Whole-Body Counters at
Participating Region III Nuclear Power Plants
Deborah C. Neeson, Wayne V. Kessler,
Robert R. Landolt, Terence P. Barton, and
Michael D. Mennucci					Page - 794

CORRESPONDENCE

NRC Regulation of DOE Nuclear Safety:
An Observation and some Questions
Concerning Radiation Doses
C. S. Sims						Page - 797

BOOK REVIEWS

Particles in Our Air: Concentrations and
Health Effects
Reviewed by Michael T. Ryan				Page - 798

Infrastructure for Nuclear Energy Deployment---
Proceedings of and NEA Workshop
Reviewed by Michael T. Ryan				Page - 798

IRPA ABSTRACTS

31st Annual Meeting of the Japan Health Physics
Society
31 May-1 June 1996 - Japan
Selected abstracts of papers presented
at the meeting						Page - 799

OTHER CONTENT

News and Notices
New Products
Instructions for Submission of New Product Announcements
Instructions to Contributors
Health Physics Society Prospectus
Health Physics Society Affiliate Members
Advertisers Guide
Advertisers Index
Up and Coming