Thorium

Dear Radsafers,

A member of my department is doing a research work about thorium uses (as a
possible cause of occupational or public exposure). He already found many
uses in various domains, often surprising me!

We were'nt able to find any "reference document" about this subject.

We are searching information about "exotic" uses of thorium (other then
lightning, glass industry; wielding, aircraft building and maintenance,
...). We suspect thorium use in some building material (concrete,
insulating material) but weren't able to find data about this.

Any help will be appreciated,

Best regards

Henri CASSAGNOU
Directeur adjoint				Deputy director
SPRA					Fr. Army Radiation Protection Board
BP N°1   00480 Armées (fr.)

hcrxp@magic.fr
Intervient à titre personnel