EMERGENCY PLANNING ZONE

Dear Radsafers

On behalf of a colleague the following:

The AEC of SA is currently reviewing its existing Emergency Plan.  As
the SAFARI-1 research reactor (20 MW, Oakridge model) is one of the
centrepoints of the review effort, we would like to compare one of
our most important criteria, the primary emergency planning zone, to
similar research reactors worldwide.  (The current emergency planning
zone is 5 km.)  Other information such as the definition of most credible accident
scenarios and contingency emergency planning zones, will also be
appreciated.

Please e-mail directly to:  hvg@pixie.co.za

Thank you in advance!

Henriette van Graan